PREPARING YOUR HOME BEFORE LEAVING TOWN
Moore Property Management wants to work with you in making sure we can contact you if necessary and also assist you in securing your unit before you leave.
- Contact our office if you need to change your mailing address and please provide us with your current phone number and email address should we need to contact you.
- Always make sure you have turned off the water supply to your unit at the main valve.
- After turning off the water to your unit, drain all water pipes by turning on the water at the facuet until no water comes out.
- Pour bleach inside your toilet and cover the seat with plastic.
- Set your air conditioner and humidistat according to the instructions.
- Unplug or turn off the circuit breaker for the hot water heater.
- Disconnect all cables that are connected to your television or stereo equipment.
- If you are going to be gone for a long period of time, you might want to consider disconnecting your phone service.
- Make certain all doors and windows are securley locked.
- Manually lock automatic garage doors (if applicable).
- Remove patio furniture, plants, or nick-knacks you have outside your unit or on your lanai and store inside your home, garage or storage unit.
- Remove all perishable foods from your refrigerator and freezer. This does include emptying any ice cube trays and throwing away any pre-made ice cubes.
- Remove all perishable items from your cupboards, and boxes of food that have been opened.
- Cancel newspapers.
- Forward your mail.
- Be sure your alarm system is working and arm the system when you leave. Please remember to notify Moore Property Management that you have an alarm system.
- Arrange to have someone check your unit on a regular basis. Please provide the name and phone number of your home watch service to Moore Property Management.
- Tell your home watch person that if they turn on the water, to be sure to turn it back off before they leave.